How to persuade a child to wear prescription frames? We all know how important is a person's vision, how much more important is the vision of a child and especially of your child. Paying a visit to the ophtalmologist is just the first step in the battle for improvement your children's vision. Convincing your child to wear the prescription eyeglasses is the second and more difficult task if he/she does not want to wear them for some reason. KWIAT presents a few easy steps which will help you find the right eyeglasses for your child which will in turn help the child to get used to wearing them daily.
- Make sure that the prescription glasses frame is chosen especially for your child – let the child make his own choice. Do not impose your own opinion whatever the cost. Let the child choose better quality eyeglasses which wil make him feel more comfortable. It is good to choose eyeglasses which are lighter, more comfortable and more fashionable. Buy glasses from the top end of the price range that you can afford, and explain to the child that this is exactly why he/she should keep a good eye on them.
- The frame must me correctly fixed by the ophtalmologist so it does not press tight on the ears or the nose and it should not feel tight on the child's face.
- Check the places where the frames touches the skin, periodically, to make sure there is not irritation on the skin.
- Make sure that the eyeglasses are exactly the ones that the eye doctor has prescribed. If your child's look is falling above the frame or it is complaining from poor visibility, most likely it is due to wrongly prescribed eyeglasses. If you are not absolutely sure about the accuracy of the prescribed eyeglasses, you should take your child to another ophtalmologist.
- Start gradually. Initially let your child start wearing the prescription frames over short periods. You should gradually increase the time that your child is wearing eyelgasses, afterwards.
- Impose the eyeglasses wearing as a routine. Taking them on and off should become a daily exercise. Encourage your child to take the prescription glasses before dressing in the morning and taking them off in the evening when going to bed.
Give you child a small prize when it wear the prescription glasses.